The purpose of The Sean Costello Memorial Fund for Bipolar Research is to apply Sean’s celebrity and the love of Sean’s fans and fellow musicians to increase research for treatment of Bipolar Disorder, develop and support education for early diagnosis and intervention, and translate the human side of bipolar disorder and its severity to improve outcomes and resources, especially for those without insurance, targeting the musical community.
- To support research for early intervention and diagnosis.
- To promote research focused on the connection between creativity and bipolar disorder.
- To support research focusing on the connection between bipolar disorder and social anxiety.
- To lobby for health care policy changes to facilitate better treatment and prevention.
- To provide services for musicians who suffer such emotional challenges, but who often have no insurance and who live in a world full of triggers.
- To provide resources for families.